[ncolug] this info might help

  • From: Thomas Wade <t_wade1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 01:48:32 -0700 (PDT)

read about the sound at this sight:

http://www.linuxlogin.com/hardware/dv6575us.php#sources

Onboard HD Audio The onboard audio is an Intel HD Audio ICH8 Family card. While
the alsa driver in Linux 2.6.22 does detect and appear to run with the
snd_hda_intel driver, no sound comes from the speakers. The patches for Alsa
are already out but not in the main kernel trunk yet. Until then, use a patched
external module driver. For Gentoo, emerge alsa-driver-9999 and patch with two
files found in the below non-Gentoo Sources section.
 cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
     HDA Intel at 0xf8500000 irq 23
 head -n5 /proc/asound/card0/codec#0
Codec: Realtek ALC268
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0268
Subsystem Id: 0x103c30cc
Revision Id: 0x100003

with this information tell me exactly what I have to do to get sound on my HP?

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on
Yahoo! TV.