[ncolug] Re: lightweight Ubuntu/Debian install command

  • From: "David Rakestraw" <rakestrawdavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:49:32 -0400

I like it.
I like icewm, but it isn't very easy to customize.

As said before, you can still load kde and gnome programs without installing
the whole (so called "bloated") windows managers.

IMO -
If you have the resources...like a new system with plenty of memory and
processor, kde desktop runs great and running minimal is a waste of hardware.
If you don't have the resources, there are plenty of great options.

--
DavidRakestraw (DavidRakestraw "at" ashland-ohio.com)