[ncolug] Re: installfast

  • From: Dev Null <chmod0777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:47:16 -0500

Thanks Ed, you are now a topic.

Next Meeting: Thursday March 2nd, 2006 - Ed will demo "Installfast" techniques,
and we will take a look at everyone's favorite URL's.

nor thern wrote:

*/Dev Null <chmod0777@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Sounds as if you are willing to head up this topic - will you need
    anything?

    Last time I tried on a dual-xeon machine with Ubuntu it was under 15
    minutes, I think it would have been even faster if it were a
    faster CD-ROM.

have hardware and software for Mandriva installs. same method would apply to
other distributions. might be interesting on projector.

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Yahoo! Autos <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38382/_ylc=X3oDMTEzNWFva2Y2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDMmF1dG9z/*http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/popular/thisweek.html%20>

--
"On Planet D, everything is black and white.
If you get far enough away, it just looks grey."

                                      Dev