[ncolug] Re: dsl hd install

  • From: "David Rakestraw" <rakestrawdavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:48:09 -0500

I tried dsl a year or two ago and it sucked. They really did a good job
improving it.

It isn't really designed (or recommended) for the hard drive install, but it
has always worked well for me.
I also installed it on a six year old celeron PIII 450 laptop.  Easy install
and everything works much faster than any of the many other distros I've used
on it.
If you don't have the money to buy a box...or you need a simple business card
CD distro for use on other computers, I would recommend it.
Pure knoppix is just too bulky.