[ncolug] FreeNAS

  • From: "David Rakestraw" <rakestrawdavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:03:53 -0400

I am testing a FreeNAS server and have successfully added it to our M$ Active
Directory for authentication.

Next I am going to see how well it runs off of a USB boot.

http://www.freenas.org/

(BSD Licence) Easy! Web based (php) interface. Run from CD,HD or USB drive.
Supports FTP,NFS,SAMBA,RSYNC,SSH and AFP.
Many of you may already be using it, but we just found it from a recent
Slashdot article.

--
DavidRakestraw (DavidRakestraw "at" ashland-ohio.com)
City of Ashland Technical Services Division

Subject field.