[ncolug] Re: Debian dual NICs

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:16:25 -0400

I use multiple NICs on my laptop all the time.  I have the onboard NIC and
up to three additional USB NICs and as of yet have not experienced this
issue.  Each NIC gets a new name in NetworkManager for me.  I have labled
my USB NICs with the last 2 of their MAC so I can easily identify them.  I
am running Ubuntu, so there should be little difference from my experience
to yours.

If you make any reference to an interface in /etc/network/interfaces,
NetworkManager then will exclude that device from any management so you
don't have an issue with management overlap.

Michael K.