[ncolug] Re: Broadcom Corporation Wireless

  • From: nor thern <zboson2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

"M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Here is the wiki I used as a primmer,
thought I didn't follow it directly:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WifiDocs/Driver/Broadcom43xx

The source to compile is available, but I must say I don't know exactly where
to download it from.  This might point in the right direction:

 http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4547

Beyond that, I know Ubuntu's got the packages, I'm not sure if/how well they'll
work with Debian proper.

Do you want the .debs from Ubuntu?  You might be able to extract them, edit the
control file and use them for your purpose.

 will have to update my kernel + nvidia driver before i try this , well into
2nd terabyte on this machine :) ; had a look at ubuntu page to see method.
lspci -v |grep -i bcm
 02:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless
LAN Controller (rev 03)

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.