Nebraska Career Information System Nebraska Career Information System

  • From: Kassandra L Hill <khill2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:59:50 -0500

Good afternoon to all CIS users.
This is the first edition of Nebraska Career Information System's NEW
e-Newsletter.  We are developing this newsletter as a way to keep you
updated on improvements and changes to CIS.
In future additions we will be providing you with CIS Tips and Tricks,
career education information and MORE!!

 IDEAS:
 You may have noticed that IDEAS has received a face lift.  Now, instead
of presenting a list of questions for users to answer, one question at a
time is presented.  Also, IDEAS is now available in Spanish.  To use the
Spanish version, click on the IDEAS link and in the upper right hand
corner of your screen is an "Espanol" icon that changes the directions and
assessment into Spanish or back to English.   Work is being done to make
O*NET Profiler available with the same format and Spanish capability.

Career Education Activities:
New to CIS this year is the addition of an On-line  Learning Activities
Sort.  This new sort allows you to select career education activities
based on:
 Education Level
 Subject
 Career Clusters
 Career Fields
 Career Planning

Below is a list of links to websites which we believe will be useful to
you and your students.

America's Career Resources Network - Resources for parents, counselors,
and students to make best use of talents, interests, and get the education
and skills needed for college and work.  U.S. Dept of Education
http://www.acrnetwork.org

A Parent's Guide to Career Development -  Articles discussing how parents
can play a part in the career planning process.  National Association of
Colleges and Employers
http://www.jobweb.com/Resources/Library/parents

A Parent's Guide to Transition:  What Happens After High School? -
Information to help parents help their disabled children through the
changes that will occur after leaving high-school.  Sponsor - Parents
Let's Unite for Kids, U.S. Dept of Ed through the Montana Center on
Disabilities.
http://www.pluk.org/trans.html

Guidance Resources Homepage - Extensive lists of internet links related to
school counseling and much more.  Compiled by a retired guidance director
and counselor.
http://www.wisemantech.com/guidance

Many of the improvements made to CIS come from our users, please contact
us with any suggestions you may have on how to improve CIS.  Also, please
feel free to contact us with any information you would to see in our
e-Newsletter.

Thank you,

NCIS Staff
402-472-2570