[nasional_list] [ppiindia] Terrorism Has No Religion, Say Bombay Muslims

  • From: "Ambon" <sea@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 20:36:16 +0200

** Forum Nasional Indonesia PPI India Mailing List **
** Untuk bergabung dg Milis Nasional kunjungi:
** Beasiswa dalam negeri dan luar negeri S1 S2 S3 dan post-doctoral
scholarship, kunjungi
http://informasi-beasiswa.blogspot.com
**http://www.arabnews.com/?page=4&section=0&article=85354&d=15&m=7&y=2006

            Saturday, 15, July, 2006 (19, Jumada al-Thani, 1427)

                  Terrorism Has No Religion, Say Bombay Muslims
                  Arab News

                  BOMBAY, 15 July 2006 - For the first time in Bombay's
history, Muslim religious leaders representing virtually every sect came
together on Thursday evening to condemn the serial bomb blasts in the city as a
"barbaric", "inhuman" and "cowardly" act.

                  "We teach in our madrassas that you have to be a decent human
being first before you can call yourself a Muslim. How can an act which is
inhuman ever be considered to be Islamic?" said Maulana Gulzar Azmi, national
council member of the Jamiat-ul-Ulema-e-Hind.

                  "We are one with all citizens of Bombay and the country in
condemning such wanton acts of terror, expressing our solidarity with the
family members of the victims and we share their grief and sorrow," said
Maulana Mustaqim Azmi, member, Ulema Council.

                  They were addressing a press conference jointly with other
senior Muslims representing the Jamiat-ul-ulema-e-Hind, Ulema Council, Milli
Council, Jamaat-e-Islami, All-India Sunni Jamiat-ul-Ulema, All India Sunni
Tablighi Jamaat, All-India Qazi Board and Bombay Aman Committee among others.

                  The maulanas expressed their readiness to extend the fullest
cooperation to the Bombay police in their efforts to identify and nab the
perpetrators of the dastardly act. They also announced their plan to visit the
homes of the bereaved families in the coming days to share their sorrow and
offer help.

                  After the press conference, the religious leaders had an
hour-long meeting with CPM MPs Sitaram Yechuri and Brinda Karat. "Terrorism has
no religion," one of the Muslim leaders told the Communist leaders while
several others reiterated their unequivocal condemnation of terrorist acts.

                  They also bemoaned the fact that while the overwhelming
majority of Muslim religious leaders in the country had repeatedly condemned
terrorism as inhuman and un-Islamic the mass media failed to communicate this
message to fellow Indians.

                  The meeting was facilitated by the journal Communalism Combat
and Muslims for Secular Democracy.

Mohon Perhatian:

3. Reading only, http://dear.to/ppi
4. Satu email perhari: ppiindia-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx