[nasional_list] [ppiindia] Message from Fidel to the Cuban people

  • From: "Ambon" <sea@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:02:30 +0200

** Forum Nasional Indonesia PPI India Mailing List **
** Untuk bergabung dg Milis Nasional kunjungi:
** Beasiswa dalam negeri dan luar negeri S1 S2 S3 dan post-doctoral
scholarship, kunjungi
http://informasi-beasiswa.blogspot.com
**http://www.granma.cu/ingles/2006/septiembre/mar5/37mensaje.html

Message from Fidel to the Cuban people

Dear compatriots,

Recently, some film footage and photographs were published that our people
liked very much.

Some of you, correctly, thought that I looked a little thin, as the only
unfavorable element. I am very happy that you noticed that. This enables me to
send you a number of more recent photos, and at the same time, inform you that
in just a few days, I lost 41 pounds. And, just a little while ago, they
removed the last of my stitches after 34 days of convalescence.

Every single day, even during the most difficult ones after July 26, I have
made an effort to overcome the adverse political consequences of this health
problem that was so unexpected.

The result is that, for my own tranquility, I made progress on several
important matters. I can tell you that the book Cien Horas con Fidel (100 Hours
with Fidel), by (Ignacio) Ramonet, in which I was revising in detail my replies
at the time that I became ill, is practically finished and will soon be
published, as I had promised you. And that has not kept me from strictly
fulfilling my responsibilities as a disciplined patient.

I can affirm to you that the most critical moment is behind us. I am now
recovering at a satisfactory rate. In the coming days, I will be receiving
distinguished visitors; that does not mean that every activity is immediately
going to be accompanied by film footage or photographs, although news will
always be provided about each one of them.

We should all understand that it is not convenient to systematically offer
information, or to provide images of my health process. Likewise, we should all
understand, realistically, that the time for my complete recovery, like it or
not, will be a lengthy one.

Presently, I am not in any rush, and nobody should be worried. The country is
running fine and making progress.

Today the new school year has begun with more students and perspectives than at
any other time for our country. What a wonderful event!

There is just one more detail: to ask all honest compatriots, whom together
constitute the overwhelming majority of the people, not to blame anyone for the
discretion that, in the interest of our homeland and our Revolution, I have
asked of everyone.

Infinite thanks!

Fidel Castro Ruz

September 4, 2006