[Nashville RATS] Request from our ARRL Division Director

  • From: "Nashville RATS" <nashvillerats@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nashvillerats@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:11:49 -0500

Subject: H. Res. 230 - BPL
Date: 29 Apr 2005 13:00:18 -0000
From: ARRL Web site <memberlist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All:

Rep. Michael Ross here in Arkansas has introduced an important House
Resolution in Washington to help our BPL fight. Please see the link
below to the ARRL web page for information.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2005/04/28/3/

It also includes a link to a sample letter to send your
Representatives. Note there is a variant in the letter for certain
states where low-band VHF is in widespread use by public safety
agencies. In our area, that would include Mississippi and Tennessee.

Rep. Ross went to bat for us on this and we need to support his
efforts. Please write your Representatives and let's get some
cosponsors! Also, seek support from your contacts in the public safety
communications community for their endorsement of the Resolution.

Thanks.
73,
Rick Roderick - K5UR
Delta Division Director