[nanomsg] Re: nng 0.1 tagged - with TLS support!

  • From: "Boszormenyi Zoltan" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "zboszor" for DMARC)
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 09:56:57 +0100

I’ve tagged nng version 0.1.  This release has TLS support using mbedTLS — so you can start playing with connecting over secured networks.  (To enable TLS support you have to configure with -DNNG_TRANSPORT_TLS=ON — I might make this automatic later, but honestly not very many people are likely to already have mbedTLS installed on their systems.)

After a quick look around, Fedora 27 provides mbedTLES 2.6.0, Yocto 2.2
provides 1.3.17.
Can I build nng on Yocto with the older version?

Its still not “production grade”, but I’m ready for folks to begin kicking the tires a bit harder.

I still would prefer folks who find issues to work with me on reproducible test cases, so I’d request folks to hold off working on working on language bindings unless they are comfortable working in C as well.

  - Garrett

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán