[nanomsg] Trouble building 32-/64- bit libnanomsg.so on 64-/32- bit systems

  • From: Bilen Ahmet <Bilen.Ahmet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:59:14 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to build nanomsg on Solaris and Linux, each for both 32-bit and
64-bit. The trouble is I only have a 32-bit Solaris build machines and a 64-bit
Linux build machine, so when I follow the standard process for building nanomsg
I get 32-bit libnanomsg.so on Solaris and 64-bit libnanomsg.so on Linux.

I thought I could work around this, either by exporting
CFLAGS="-m32"/CFLAGS="-m64" and then following the standard process, or by
replacing the ./configure call with CFLAGS="-m32" ./configure or CFLAGS="-m64"
./configure (I've also tried this with the -disable-dependency-tracking option,
in case that was needed), but neither of these approaches has resulted in any
difference to the resulting libnanomsg.so produced (either in .libs or in
/usr/local/lib/).

Any help you could offer me for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bilen Ahmet