[nanomsg] Re: Routing plan

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:01:26 +0100

On 08/02/13 10:46, Schmurfy wrote:

I was wondering if you had plans to have some routing support like
xs/zmq allowing the use of what was called devices in zmq.

Yes, devices are important for any scalable topology. I even believe their design in 0MQ was a good one and there's no reason to change it in nanomsg. So the only work to do is to churn out the code.

Btw, in the long term I see devices as something that's managed by admins rather than by programmers. They should be able to start/stop/move devices according to actual application needs. Maybe even do all the above from the administrative console.

it looks like the library is shaping up nicely :)

Thanks! I am now a bit busy pushing my eventfd(EFD_MASK) patch to linux kernel, but I'm back to nanomsg from tomorrow on.