[nanomsg] Re: Proposal to change some identifiers

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:49:47 +0100

Ok, given there were no objections, I've committed the change.

Martin

On 20/03/13 09:51, Martin Sustrik wrote:
Hi all,

As already discussed in the past, I would like to propose to change
couple of identifiers.

Specifically, those socket options that are specific to a particular
socket type should be prefixed by the name of the socket. This way we
can avoid name clashes between different protocols. At the moment the
change would affect 4 socket options:

NN_SUBSCRIBE => NN_SUB_SUBSCRIBE
NN_UNSUBSCRIBE => NN_SUB_UNSUBSCRIBE
NN_RESEND_IVL => NN_REQ_RESEND_IVL
NN_DEADLINE => NN_SURVEYOR_DEADLINE

Additionally I would like to change protocols constants as the
identifiers are pretty non-descriptive. Hopefully these are not yet used
by anybody, so the change should be relatively harmless:

NN_PAIR_ID => NN_PROTO_PAIR
NN_REQREP_ID => NN_PROTO_REQREP
NN_PUBSUB_ID => NN_PROTO_PUBSUB
etc.