[nanomsg] Re: NN_MSG missing from nn_symbol

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:59:37 +0100

Hi Chuck.

I'm finally getting around to updating the Ruby binding to use the
new nn_symbol function (it was super easy to add!).

Glad to hear that!

I noticed that one of my tests for nn_recv was now failing due to
NN_MSG no longer being defined. I double checked and confirmed that
this constant isn't exported or returned by the nn_symbol function. Is
that by design or is that an oversight?

NN_MSG is somewhat special. First, it's of type size_t unlike other constants that are simple ints.

Second, the constant is used for zero-copy which is going to require special code in the bindings anyway (at least I guess so) so it can be hardcoded in the binding without sacrificing any flexibility.