[nanomsg] Re: Minimum supported windows version?

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:30:24 +0200

Hi Oskari,

I would also love to use this on Windows XP (my company uses XP
Embedded, whose end of life is still a few years in the future afaik). I
got past the inet_pton() function by doing it myself with
WSAStringToAddress() but GetQueuedCompletionStatusEx() is harder.

Can you send a patch for the inet_pton stuff? I guess that can be merged in straight away.

As for GetQueuedCompletionStatusEx() you should be able to replace it by GetQueuedCompletionStatus() and retrieve the events in the loop rather than by a single call.

IIRC it was once implemented that way, so if you dig into the history you can still find the code based on GetQueuedCompletionStatus().