[nanomsg] Interested in using nanomsg

  • From: Jeff Archer <jsarcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:11:34 -0400

Hi All,
I'm just looking into nanomsg and considering using it in my product and
wanted to get some expert advice before proceeding.  If we proceed, I (my
company) would probably become a contributor.  I notice that it is still
considered alpha which gives me some reservations.  Can some please advise
me on the overall stability of the project and which parts are
working/stable vs. not quite there yet?

My product is an automated microscope system running on Windows 7 x64.  We
have need for local interprocess communication currently (to replace some
non-standard, quirky in-house stuff) and we are planning to expand to a
network based system with multiple units communicating with a central
operator console.

Thanks for your help in this decision.

J.Archer