[nanomsg] How nanomsg informs application about socket failure

  • From: BELLUS Stefan <Stefan.Bellus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 10:24:29 +0000

Hi all

I read briefly the documentation. I am not able to figure out how nanomsg
informs application about socket failure.

Can somebody explain to me for following scenario:
 I have two linux machines connected with PAIR socket.
 I use async socket via nn_poll.
 I set NN_RECONNECT_IVL and NN_RECONNECT_IVL_MAX

1. Communication is established between machine M1 and machine M2
2. M2 shutdowns

How nanomsg informs application that socket has failure?
How nanomsg informs application that socket is established again (when M2
starts again?

Thank you in advance
Stevo