[nanomsg] Re: First nanocat release

  • From: Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 21:01:37 +0200

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In institutional terms, having a single project is like having a single
> corporation with many departments, with all the heavy process and
> in-fighting that results in. Having many separate projects is like having
> many small and lean independent companies.

Having read all the arguments on both sides (and arguments being made
out in such a careful, easy-to-follow, reasonable, and polite way are
unfortunately way too rare in open source), I think keeping this one
thing in the tree could make sense. Think of it not as much as a
separate project or binding, but rather an executable version of the
library itself.

Cheers,

Dirkjan