[nanomsg] Directory service for nanomsg ??

  • From: Soren Riise <sorenriise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 00:58:41 +0100

Hi

Im building an grid application where peers in the grid may be in the same (mt)
process, same machine or on a remote machine.   I really want to abstract out
the need for knowing in advanced if a connection needs to use tcp://somehost
ipc://somename or inproc://somename -- so my thinking is that I can create an
abstract address for each connection and then implement a resolution service
where;

-- new resources when created -- binds to both inproc, ipc and tcp and then
provides that details to the resolver
-- new clients then ask the resolver for how to connect to 'xyz' and if
                    -- in same process, return the inproc
                    -- same machine, returns the ipc
                    -- otherwise returns the tcp end point

However it occurs to me that this could be a quite comment requirement, and
that it may already exist -- so better ask here before starting such project....

Any pointers or suggestions?

Soren