[nanomsg] Re: Asynchronous REPREQ

  • From: Paul Colomiets <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 19:22:31 +0200

Hi Bradley,

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Bradley Volen <bradvolen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you point me in the right direction for using the raw sockets? Would
> I still use send recv or would I use recvmsg and sendmsg?

Firstly, you set AF_SP_RAW as address family.

I think recv is ok. You should look at the protocol [1]. I.e. you need to
parse protocol header, and send it back according to the spec.

There might be an issue (bug?) that first part of the protocol header is
stripped off, if using nn_recv or nn_send. Then you need to use recvmsg and
sendmsg. At least there is such issue when using raw REQ socket. Not sure
it's a problem with REP. In nanoconfig there is an example of using raw REQ
socket.

[1]
https://github.com/nanomsg/nanomsg/blob/master/rfc/sp-request-reply-01.txt

--