[nama] Re: Working with nama: A Report

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 22:51:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Massy!
  My jackd options are:
jackd --timeout 4500 -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 48000 -p 128 -z shaped
sometimes I used 256 for period size, but mainly, when I'm not recording. I think I didn't have to resort to that with the new system though. WhenI would try to do the mastering setup you described, it wouldn't work like that, for I have doodle as the "on project load" command. so I would have to do an arm anyway. A clipboard effects_chain, hm, that might be a neat way of doing effects copying from one track to another. I thought we might actually use the custom.pl for that. It would just be this:
copy_effects <to_track> [<fx_ids>]
  In the command:
nec temp_chain [<fx_ids>]
to_track
aec temp_chain
dec temp_chain
If one wants to, one might also change back to the original track. But I think ending up at the destination track is, what one would desire in most cases, so one can start tweaking the parameters, if necessary. The list_effects command sounds like a nice one. Yes it sometimes is a lot to sift through.
  Warm regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;
Frightening Absence Just Arriving, Reigns Disappeared, Ornate - flowers!

======      Find my music at      ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html