[nama] Re: Still not quite right

  • From: "Jeanette C." <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kirk Reiser <kirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:25:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Kirk,
you're very welcome. I'm just glad that you stuck out with us as long as you did.

One idea: when you imported your 48kHz file last, did you create a new session again? Did you change all your .namarc frequencies to 48kHz? If you use vim, you can try this:
vim .namarc
:1,$s/44100/48000/g
:x!
This will search for every instance of 44100 and replace it by 48000 and then save and exit the editor. Emacs and others can do it as well, but I don't know those. :)

If that doesn't help, could you perhaps send us your .namarc and the main project file? It will be in your nama directory and then:
jam-2017-05-10/State.json

Do you know if your soundcard handles 48kHz by default? If not, you can find out with the ALSA play command:
aplay jam-2017-05-10.wav

This will, by default, use your standard soundcard and do no implicit samperate conversion.

Let's see where this takes us.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
* SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c

They say, break away - I'm missing out on the fun and games <3
(Britney Spears)