[nama] Regions depend on marks

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 21:55:22 -1000

How do we regionize a track?

convert_to_region intro mark1 mark2
convert_to_region chorus mark2 mark3
convert_to_region verse1 mark3 mark4

convert_to_regions mark1 intro mark2 chorus mark3 verse1 mark4

Consider we may want a short overlap (0.01 seconds?)
for a cross fade.

Do we need to clone/rename the marks for each region,
so that each can be adjusted? Or do we keep the
marks, and just adjust with shift?

For each region, we can clone the effects.
Having a track for each region means
that each region can have it own
effects.

We've previously broached the question of how to present
regions to the user.

One possibility is to manually select a region, another is
to let the playback head position determine the region.

Envisualizing,

Joel

--
Joel Roth