[nama] Playing with latest ecasound

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:09:06 -0400

Hello,

I just wanted to say I've been playing with the latest ecasound from
git, as you no doubt have been able to gather from the traffic on the
ecasound list. Here are a few things worth mentioning.
- I found out that the way the effects were being bypassed meant we were
  calling stop/start for each effect being bypassed. Stopping before the
  foreach loop with the new stop-sync and restarting after seems to work
  well.
- Using stop-sync in stop_do_start, I was able to remove the sleep
  delays entirely and seek around without any "going silent" problems.

So, overall, the future is looking pretty bright in terms of
nama/ecasound stability. It looks like there might no longer be need for
seek delays.

Cheers,
S.M.