[nama] Re: More bypass niggling

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 11:54:43 -0400

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 05:09:23PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 04:32:10PM -0400, S. Massy wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Now the effect being bypassed is printed, but it just says "Volume", the
> > stop-gap effect, rather than the actual effect. Also, while show_track
> > correctly prints the bypassed effects, list_effects just prints a string
> > of effects labelled as Volume. Sfx and mfx, on the other hand, seem to
> > be doing the right thing (TM).
>
> These things appear to be fixed now. Effects code has grown
> even more ugly to support the special case of bypassed
> effects, but I hope... (naively??) that we are about done.
Thanks! Everything seems to be in order... for now.

> The effects code is about 1000 lines or 7% of the total
> for Nama.
Well, it isn't very surprising since 1) there are a lot of special cases
to handle and 2) that code is probably the most used after core fuctions
like routing and transport. From a mixing standpoint, anyway, after you
set up your tracks and busses structure it's just effects manipulation
the rest of the way.

Cheers,
S.M.