[nama] Re: Feature idea: Sum to mono

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 22:24:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everyone!
Massy, I don't use tat, but speaking in terms of Ecasound chainsetups it shouldn't be too bad to implement. As you have shown with your typical call to Ecasound, all the necessary bits are in place. Currently I'm learning for a course in usability engineering. Quoting one of those guidelines and rulesets (well in variations it appears in a couple of them): Do what the user expects. I suppose, one could expect, that stereo tracks get mixed down to mono, if you set the Master to mono. This is - from the point of programming - deviating behaviour and in that nasty, since it means having extra cases there, but from the point of a user, this is what they'd expect. Thinking one step further: I suppose this holds true for all bus mixtracks and Mixdown. So Master, Mixdown and anything, that is fed via a loop device automatically. Will inserts have to be considered as well? Probably not, since they are hard bound to a track already and get their channel count from there. Sorry, I'm so out of it these days, really out of it. To be honest, right now, I don't know, when I will drop back in. It's neither disregard nor disinterest. There's just so much nonsense happening all over the place. I really don't know, when it will let off.
  Warm regards and happy easter
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======