[mysql-dde] Re: Internal connection

  • From: "Peter B. Volk" <PeterB.Volk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mysql-dde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:44:46 +0100

Hey,

Ok in principle there are 2 types of encryption symetric and asymetric. The
sym. uses the same key for encryption as for decryption. So e.g. the
encryption function is the multiblication. The decryption is then the div.
If you ancrypt 7 with the key 5 then the message is 35. to decrypt it you
calculate 35/5 -> 7. The problem with this Was ist that once you hve the key
you can encrypt AND decrypt the messages. The receiver must trust the
messagechanel the message came from because an intruder could encrypt a
message once he has the key that looks like as if the message came from
someone else.

With asymetric encryption there is a public key and a private key. The
public key is know by all. This key can decrypt messages htat were encrypted
with the private key. And only the private key can decrypt a message
encrypted with the public key.

So this is the way the cryptic number would be created:

Each server has a key pair (public and private). S1 sends a query to S2
(named query). so the query is hashed and the hash is then encrypted with
the public key of S2. so number=ENCRYPT_PUB_S2(MD5(SELECT my_hair_color FROM
my_gene_pool WHERE the_right_gene=true) ). The internal query would look
like this "SELECT /*!DDE_INTERNAL <number>*/my_hair_color FROM my_gene_pool
WHERE the_right_gene=true"

Peter