[mwe] Re: Tip: Making the most of the Quick Access Toolbar

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 11:48:00 +1100

Hi Joseph,

This is the "Making Windows Easy" list, an offshoot of my "Making Windows 10 Easy" books project (see: http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html)

I went with "MWE" as that way the subject line isn't too long before you get to whatever the actual topic of the message is.

I will put a bit more info in the footer though to remind people!

Re editing the quick access toolbar, is there a way to rearrange items in the quick access toolbar for say File Explorer or WordPad in Windows 10 other than removing things and adding them in the order you want?

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Check out our "Making Windows 10 Easy" eBooks and award winning app, RapiTap!

On 7/12/2015 10:38 AM, Joseph FreeTech wrote:

Hi Quentin,

Please refresh my memory, what is the full name of this list? <Smile>.

In regards to the tip below, to amplify the information a bit...

In the Office applications such as Word, Excel, etc, one can modify the
order of the items on the Quick Access Toolbar so that most used options can
be quickly accessed using the Alt key and numbers 1 through 9 etc. Normally,
when adding to the QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR, new items are placed at the end of
the existing list, but like I stated, one can modify the order of these
items. Believe it or not, the QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR has been around since
Office 2007, but so few screenreader users have taken advantage of this
great feature of Office.

Joseph the free tech guy!
All are welcome to write me off list if absolutely any help is needed