[mveg-9] my slowly improving knowledge of mpeg-streams tells me:

  • From: philipp biermann <philipp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mveg-9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 15:34:47 +0200

If I have a mpeg1/2 muxed stream, and burn this with toast, it will
not "autopadd" the beginning of the file, which maybe has some PACKs
at the start which are not at a sector boundary. It also wont warn
about this.
Therefore the DVD player wont playback the VCD. The same mpeg plays
ok if I author it with VCDImager and the burn with toast.

anyone who knows about this?
It would be easy to insert a padding stream by mpgtx if I know this
is the problem.

philipp