[mveg-9] MVEG-9 Portal (2)

  • From: major4@xxxxxxx
  • To: mveg-9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:18:55 +0100

Huh, I'm sorry, but when reading back my message, I see there're not
bullets in the double-bulleted list and the message was not so readable.
I guess the mailing list doesn't like pasting RTF text. So I'm
converting it to a non-bulleted numbered TXT-list.

So again here is the digest of the first suggestions for the mveg-9
site. Could you please add your comments and post to the list :-)

major-

-1- POSTNUKE PORTAL
Henri suggested to implement a Postnuke portal with a nice
back-office page. He then actually implemented it at
http://thegoods.ath.cx/mveg-9/
        major: (good start, Henri! groovy!)

-2- BENCHMARKING OTHER SITES
PowermacG4 said it should be inspired from http://macstorm.net/ and
http://everwicked.com/ and have a metallized interface
        major: (I like the metallized template, Henri! though the logo is
kinda Barnum Circus, but we could update it later, let's focus on site
contents right now. We could benchmark with other sites and list good
ideas for contents).

-3- REGULAR COLUMNS
I said  there should be regular columns like "NEWS FROM THE LORD"
or, the dude who could even compile a brick
        major: (lordrpi was OK with that, and all other members, which column
would you like for yourself?)

-4- INTERVIEWS
  Interviews would be groovy: possibly introduced by a curvy swedish
girl, like "Which parallel universe  Lukifer has entered this month?",
or "The author of TMPGEnc decides to  drop PC platform and only develop
on OSX", etc.
        major: (ahem, I'll find the swedish girl, you'll be glad I'm taking
the most difficult task).

-5- FORUM
  Most said there should  be a forum.
        major: (Could we use the same forum software as vcdhelp? I guess it's
the same makira and mobodo use for the mediapipe forum).

-6- AVATARS
  Members would have special avatars.
        major: (OK, easy)

-7- GRAPHIC DESIGN
  We should need a graphic genius like the guy who did
http://mixthepix.com/.
        major: (I'll try to find someone).

-8- WRITERS / WEBMASTERS
We need writers
        major: (I'll try to find someone)

-9- HOST
We need an host.
        major: (hm, big issue.. any ideas?)

-10- DOCUMENTATION
  Different levels of documentation (dummies to advanced)

-11- SOURCE CODE
  A collection of source code (like www.doom9.org), when legal

-12- BANNERS
No banners (If possible..)

-13- SWEDISH GIRLS

-14- ADD COMMENTS AND RATINGS
Possibility for the users to comment articles

-15- PAPER VERSION
A paper version, 2 times a year, starting in 5 years - perhaps not.