[musictaco] Quick task

  • From: m u <musictaco2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Musictaco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:32:47 -0700

Hey guys, I have a quick task/learning activity for you.

Let me start off by congratulating our first true group success. This
morning I had an email from Kathleen Dalton, an intern who keeps an eye on
trending topics and news. She gave me some article ideas, which I passed
onto the list, and before I finished lunch at work, we had an article ready
to publish. You'll find the link below.

http://musictaco.com/blog/video-has-not-killed-the-radio-star-20110407

What I need now is for everyone to jump into the blogosphere, yeah sounds
weird. Basically, we need to post the above link to as many news outlets as
we can. For example, I have been submitting articles to reddit.com and
stumbleupon, so those are two places to start. Check to see if the link is
already posted, if so, you can do the equivalent of liking the article to
give it some more clout to rise higher in the rankings. Explore other places
to post links by searching for indie news sites, music news syndicates, etc.
It would be excellent to document everywhere submitted so I can check the
impact to traffic, but also so in the future we have a list of news
syndicates that will accept our submissions. If you discover anything that
you think would be helpful to others, please relay via the mailing list.

Additionally, no one has critiqued the article Lea submitted the other day,
if no one else can do it now, I will have to put it off til the weekend.

Thanks all for your help,
Troy Oltmanns