[muglo] Re: gadget

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:26:41 -0500

At 1:43 PM -0500 2/28/05, Jim Taylor wrote:

>You're right. Probably is a floppy drive. Ok, it that's what it is could I
>use it to backup my Mac data? Just plug it in a download?

Well, if it's a floppy drive, it reads and writes to floppy disks. If
it works with your Mac, you could connect it and move data from your
Mac onto floppies. But since each floppy only holds a relatively tiny
amount of data, it doesn't make much sense to use them for backing up
a lot of data, right?

It sounds as though you would like to have a back-up strategy for the
data on your Mac. (Always an excellent idea!) Most people use an
external hard drive for this. Makes it very easy.

What Mac do you have? Running what OS?

  Mary