[muglo] Re: default application preferences

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 12:08:30 -0400

Highlight the file you want to designate, then under the 'File' menu in Finder, select 'Get info'. The pop-up will allow you to select the app under 'open with' and all future selections.

On Aug 2, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Mary Read wrote:

Where do I assign the default application for opening files from the finder? "Preview" seems to be set for everything I double click to open, regardless of which app I created them in. I'd like Illustrator to open EPS's, Photoshop to open jpg's, png's, etc. I figured this out on my old Mac running 10.4, but for the life of me I can't find the right place to do it on my new Mac running 10.6.8. Help!

thanks,

Wayne Dobson
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell