[muglo] Re: air port

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:37:39 -0400

#1: What kind of G4 (tower, laptop, etc.)?

#2: OS 9.0.4 = bad... upgrade to 9.1, and preferably 9.2.2 (you are running
a G4)! (yes, I know this argument has made the rounds before)

#3: AirPort is the wireless networking system Apple is selling at an extreme
premium (you can get higher quality stuff at *much* lower prices... $200 for
DLink/LinkSys/NetGear/etc. vs. $300 for (inferior) Apple equipment).

Unless you have recently bought a G4 laptop (which, judging by the fact
you're running 9.0.4 you did not), installed an AirPort card into a G4 iMac
(same story, you wouldn't be running 9.0.4), or an iBook (same story)
there's something wonky in your system.

I would do a clean install, and, while you're at it I'd upgrade to 9.1 or
9.2.2. You're running a G4 so a few bug fixes will be available over 9.0.4.

Eric.