[muglo] Re: Upgrade netscape?

  • From: "Tee Cashmore.1" <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:09:24 -0400

Kathryn-Jane Hazel wrote:

> Dear Muglo Folks:
>
> Many thanks to those who answered my questions concerning anti-virus
> programs.
>
> Now I have another question.  I want to do overseas internet banking,
> but have found that I do not have the correct version of Netscape in my
> Sympatico program to do this.
>
> I have netscape 4.08, and I need either 4.5 or 5.0.  Can I get an
> upgrade of this, or does Sympatico need to provide me with one?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kathryn

Hi Kathryn,
    You can download 4.78 from the Netscape web site; do not load 6.0 (the
latest) as it is still Beta & has a few quirks. I also suggest saving your
Bookmarks & Addresses. If you can activate "Smart Update" in your present
Netscape your bookmarks etc. should be preserved, but it doesn't always
work. HTH.
TTFN,
TeeC

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>