[muglo] Re: Upgrade????

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:34:37 -0400

on 6/1/04 10:10 PM, Tee Cashmore at tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Gary Vanniere wrote:
>
>>Recently, I have been getting several messages from PC users who are
>>saying
>>they cannot read some of my Word documents generated from Microsoft
>>office.
>>This is peculiar since I have been able to do so without a problem for a
>>number of years.
>>
>>OS 9.2.2
>>MS Office '98
>>
>>Do any of you know whether newest versions of PC MS Office cannot
>>translate?
>>
>Hi,
>Yes, there have been a few complaints on About Mac O/S re Office.

Could it be that you're inserting graphics on the Mac side? I've found that
graphics inserted on Mac word docs (JPEG, TIFF, PNG) are not accessible on
Windows installs without QuickTime. Also, sometimes you'll find that objects
inserted on the Mac-side won't show up on Windows side and vice-versa (e.g.
Excel inserts).

The Windows users, they can't read the whole document or only some parts of
it?

>>In any event I am looking to go whole hog here and upgrade the
>>shebang...going to
>>
>>OS 10-Jaguar
>>2 156 Meg chips
>>MS Office

What computer do you have? Does it run OS X? (if so, definitely upgrade --
you'll appreciate the stability and speed boost that OS X 10.3 will give
you).

You can still use Office 98 under OS X through the Classic environment (save
you having to drop the $$ on Office).

Eric.

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*