[muglo] Re: Safari crashing

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:58:22 -0400

On 6-Oct-05, at 1:32 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

> Hello every one,
>
> Some days back some one talked about Safari crashing and I got to
> thinking that I had that problem, but when I changed from a G3 to a
> G4 the problem went away.

Did you clone your OS X from the G3 to the G4 or was the G4 a new
machine?  I suspect the latter; it's likely it has a factory fresh
install from Apple and hasn't had a chance to get corrupted.  Having
said that I have had no problems running an old beige G3 upgraded to a
400 MHz G4 and using Safari 1.3.1 (v312.3.1).  It has been very
reliable.  I do clean out my caches regularly when I think it _seems_
to be running slower and that usually _seems_ to help.

My $.01 US worth [that's about $.02 Cdn ;)  ]

Martin