[muglo] OS 8.1

  • From: Ken Davis <kpdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:58:38 -0400

OS 8.1 was the first OS version that allowed one to select Extended
format (also known as HFS+) - which I did using the OS8.0 CD and the
free download of 8.1.
Wherein lies my problem....

I would like to reinstall a fresh System Folder (as part of
periodical hard drive maintenance) to remove any potenial gremlins
which may have crept in (for example, my modem control panel will
sometimes not disconnect; requiring a restart). And the machine will
not recognize the OS 8.0 CD, which must be installed before 8.1.
Neither do I have an 8.1 CD (I'm not even sure such is available).

I've been fortunate to date, having backed up my entire hard drive to
a Jaz cartridge, but that is not as good as a clean reinstall (and
some preferences, etc. are lost).

Does anyone know of a solution? Or perhaps have an old 8.1 CD?

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>