[muglo] Re: Macbook problems again

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 19:48:03 -0500

On 8-Jan-07, at 1:30 PM, Misty Fortnum wrote:

> Hey gang,
> I have the Macbook in black and it is about 6 months old. I have had
> the
> heat sink and logic board replaced a few months ago due to random shut
> offs.
> Well it has happened again and it keeps going into kernel panic mode.
> I took
> my macbook to Mac Outpost here in London and I am getting the logic
> board
> and heat sink replaced yet again (as per Apple's request). Has anyone
> else
> run into this problem and is there anything I can do to keep it from
> happening again?
>
> Misty

My son has the same thing but in white. He, so far has had no problems
but he may not be using it as much as you perhaps. Have you gone
on-line to find out how common a problem it is?  I know Macfixit.com
has a thread about this issue.  You may find some ideas on possible
work arounds.  As long as Apple is willing to change the motherboard
you shoud at some point get one that works consistently.  There is
nothing you can do to prevent it I don't think.  Generally my
understanding is that it's an overheating problem - have they requested
you do a firmware update?

I hope this next change solves the problem.

Martin