[muglo] Re: Mac and Fusion drive

  • From: George Couckuyt <grandbender@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:37:30 -0400

I'm leaning towards the mini too. There are some pretty impressive compatible
monitors out there that are much less expensive than the Thunderbolt.
I don't do the heavy duty stuff either.
As far as the optical drive goes, they are pretty cheap to buy. My wife likes
to use CD's in her vehicle so I make copies of her favourites for her listening
pleasure. That's about the only use the drive gets any more.

On 2013-04-12, at 12:47 PM, Frank BIrch <fbirch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I personally work off a 15” MacBook pro (mid 2010) and a Apple 27” display. I
> have had excellent success using my Ipad as my portable device.
> My next upgrade will probably be a loaded Mac mini and continue to use my
> iPad and iPHONE 6/7 (if the display gets little larger... Stubby fingers.)
> That way I have a small footprint, power, storage and apple display.
> I will probably use a fusion drive as I do not do a lot of fancy
> stuff...however..????
> Cheers frank
>
> On 2013-04-12 11:23 AM, "George Couckuyt" <grandbender@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> ....but he's still saying that for us mere mortals the fusion drive is a
>> good thing?
>> I've been holding off on a decision to upgrade my iMac. I wanted to read
>> some reviews on dependability etc. first. I'm still not thrilled Apple
>> ditched the optical drive. I really don't care how thin the unit is I just
>> want it to preform.

By George