[muglo] Re: Leading Zeros in Browser

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:57:30 -0400

I think I made that comment to them when they FIRST rolled out on-line
bill payment (in 1999). So much for feedback being heard! But, to be
fair to them (& having a sense of how bureaucracies work), once a
design is approved for a "public" interface you usually have to move
planets before anyone will allow for after-the-fact changes

(even for something as simple as adding explanatory text... right now
I'm doing the high-level design for an Access DB application which
will accept new data, house existing data, and prepare simple reports
-- I'm having to fight with the "design folks" (i.e. those doing the
actual coding) to keep the DB usable. Their solution to everything
that's remotely challenging is, "we'll do it this way and then we'll
just give the user a manual with codes they have to enter"
(fortunately my manager has given me freedom to do as I see fit and
I'm forcing them to abandon their old ways and make the app usable...
especially important to me since I'll have to take the data out of it
for analysis and interpretation and I want it as clean as possible)).

Eric.