[muglo] Re: Interesting articles

  • From: Alan Pomfret <pomfret@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:38:56 -0400

Hello James,

This is a common file size limitation imposed by many ISPs.

One reasonably straightforward way to send large files is with
FileChute.

  http://www.yellowmug.com/filechute/

It works well with .Mac accounts but can also be used with FTP or
WebDAV accessible servers.

I have been using it for over a year without difficulty. Easy and
reliable.

It does cost :-<

About $15.

Worth it if you send large files on a regular basis.

There are some user comments about it on Version Tracker.

And there are other solutions (such as dividing the file or
transferring it to a server via ftp yourself or using OS X built in
file transfer server- all workable solutions if transferring  this
size file is an infrequent task for you) and others may have their
own fav utility as this is a common problem.

Or if you have a .Mac account you can just drag it to your public
folder.

You can also change to an ISP that allows for 10 meg file transfers.

Good luck with this.

Alan Pomfret