[muglo] Group E-Mailing

  • From: Ilbert Walker <walker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:03:51 -0500

Further to my earlier message below, the above  is the message I get
when trying to send Group E mails (in this case to 32 people)

Have checked with my ISP who say they do not control this, and with
Sympatico who in an anti SPAM and TuBig virus defence, have a  limit of
100 receipients per email.   I've checked my Norton SW to see if that
was preventing things as an antiSpam move. I've checked individual
addressees to see they are all okay and valid

I use AppleMail , but am going to explore other software to see if I
can have greater luck

Do I assume from the silence that few others here use the Group Mail
possibility ?

Ilbert

-----------------------

Has anyone else had problems with sending Group E-Mails?
I experience 'not able to send' messages in Apple-Mail (as I used to in
OE) . Is there a maximum number or recipients allowable ?

Some of my Group Mailings are for up to a 100 people. I've tried
splitting this into 2 of 50 with only occasional improvement. Sometimes
it might be the result of one or more faulty addresses - but then it
means having to plough through the whole list to discover the culprits
- when it maybe just a limitation of maximum numbers ?

Anyone experience similar problems with their email software ?  Anyone
using Thunderbird ? PowerMail? or Mailsmith ?

Comments or suggestions any one ?