[muglo] Re: G3/G4 difference? (was: Re: Jaguar on an early G4)

  • From: "Joe McGuire" <theguy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:07:04 -0500

It will not run quite as good as a true G4 500Mhz machine due to the
front side bus, but it will certainly run faster than the G3 it is
replacing. Graphics acceleration won't be possible as (if I am not
mistaken) it requires an agp card, though I seem to remember a hack out
there to get it to work on older machines. Try macosxhints for that one.
Even if it doesn't, my wife runs it on her pismo which does not support
graphics accel, and it runs quite well.

Joe McGuire aka tinfoil
digital media rights and music news
http://music.tinfoil.net