[muglo] Re: Fwd: Speediest?

  • From: George Couckuyt <grandbender@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 08:09:20 -0400

On 2011-08-27, at 7:55 AM, eurogarth wrote:

Sorry all, that damn auto correct on my iPad, and these old eyes did not pick up the change... It should "speedtest.net" not speediest.net!

Begin forwarded message:

From: eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 August, 2011 7:52:08 EDT
To: MUGLO Post <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Speediest?

It seems I'm always a bit behind, but in a recent cal with Rogers support, I was directed to speediest.net to ensure my Internet speed. Sure enough, my Mac reported almost 9 MBs/sec download and around 2.5MBs/sec upload. Hoping that Mrs. Phillips didn't raise any fools, I told the guy on the phone it was about 4.5 MBs down and 2.5MBs up and he said that's a little faster up (for the level of service I'm paying for one up from "light") and just about right for uploads, but not too much to worry about!
Phew, dodged that bullet I guess.

Anyway, being curious, I decided to try my iPad... And low And behold when I entered speediest.net on my iPad, it asked me I wanted to download the mobile app! Hell yes!
So now there it sits, on my iPad using the same wifi router as my Mac, but after 3 consecutive tests, minutes apart, the app is reporting unbelievably fast speeds: A blistering 21,5MBs/ download, 2.7 upload and of course am skeptical and curious to know if any of you have tried this and what results you're getting.
Thanx,
Garth.

The upload speed on my iMac seems turtle like?

By George