[muglo] Re: FileMaker Pro 5 Layout/Preview Question

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:12:17 -0500

Leith Peterson wrote:
> I used to know how to do this, but can't find the instructions for
> how to do it now, even after going through the FileMaker Pro 5 Bible.
> I'm designing an invoice from scratch in FileMaker Pro 5, and have
> just about everything the way I want it, except I can get text in the
> field by selecting text and inserting it in the field in layout mode,
> but the field name which doesn't show up on the preview shows up in
> the layout mode, making it difficult to see what the final result is.
> Is there someone way of removing the field label within the layout
> mode, and just placing new text?
>
> I'm not talking about the insert date, insert calculation sort of
> text, I'm talking about a name specific to that field that I want to
> show up on the preview inside the field, e.g. "Total".
>
> Pls let me know.  Thanks.

You have me totally confused Leith! and you know I do a lot of
stuff in FMP!!

Do you have 2 fields? the actual field and another one (a text
field) being used as a label? By Preview do you mean the print
preview mode or do you mean the Browse mode?

Check to see if the "Do not print the selected object" is
checked. You'll need to select the field in layout mode and then
Format : Sliding and Printing (in FMP4 anyaway).  That might be
your problem.

Better yet send me your file (with 1 sample record) and I'll see
what I can do. Perhaps you can call me and we can walk through it
by telephone.

Martin