[muglo] Re: Error messages -iMovie

  • From: Barry Takayesu <Barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:50:06 -0400

Karl:

There were a few responses on Google when I put in Apple Error 34506.
Among them are the following:

I keep getting an error while using iDVD 5.0.1.  The error # is always
-34506.  It is a multiplexing error.  While checking the web for an
answer I found the following.

 > If you are seeing errors that you just canâ??t make sense of, remember
 > that is it a good idea to â??Repair Permissionsâ?? after upgrades such as
 > with iLife. This type of housekeeping can be critical to a reliable
 > system following any substantial upgrade.
 >
 > If you are seeing a â??34506â?² error, know that this is an AppleScript
 > error, and perhaps indicates something in your Applescript library is
 > outdate/corrupt/missing etc. The command that causes this is usually a
 > Finder restart - confirm you have the latest version AppleScript.

I did repair the the permissions with no affect.  Any thoughts?  Also
how do I go about installing/reinstalling the latest AppleScript.  I am
running OS 10.3.9

Also go here:

http://www.sjoki.uta.fi/~shmhav/iMovie_HD_bugs.html

--------------

Aug 14, 2:13 pm     show options

I've been getting the vague -34506 error when using iDVD 5.0.1.  I'm
  using OS 10.4.2 on a dual processor G5 @ 2 gigahertz w/1.5 gig of RAM,
  and 20 gig free on the hard drive.

A client of mine created 32 slide shows with audio voice over in
iMovie.

I export all those from iMovie as 32 uncompressed DV movies.
  I use Quicktime to group them into groups of 6, so I copy and paste the
  contents of the first 6 movies into one movie and save it as a
reference
  movie.  And do the same for the rest of the 32 clips, so I have 6
  reference movies that drop into the main iDVD page.

So when I go to save it as a disk image it compresses the assets for
  about 90 minutes, then I get the error message -34506 and it reports
  problems occurred during the writing of the disk.

I can successfully write the first 5 reference clips with no error,
  which is basically movies 1-28.  Then if I drag and drop movies 29 and
  30 into a folder off the main page it will write successfully.  But
when
  I add clip 31 it gives the error message.

The overall time for all the clips is about 83 minutes 30 seconds so it
  is under 90 minutes.

The time for when things write successfully (essentially 1-30) is about
  77 minutes.  But adding anything after that is where it errors.

I have written section 6 (chapters 28-32)  to its own disk image
  successfully so it looks like the DV clips are fine.

Is 77 minutes some sort of magic number?  I've been pulling my hair out
  on this, as it takes hours to get any results.

I've tried different themes, stopped any Motion and Audio from playing
  on the main menu, ran Disk Warrior, cleared the caches with Tiger Cache
  Cleaner, zapped the pram, ran Disk Utility to fix permissions.  and
  pulled more hair out.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: dot_clear.gif

bloomite
  Aug 16, 6:27 am     show options

In article
  <bloomite-9D8F9B.14131814082...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

Never mind, I switched to DVD Studio Pro and no more problems.

Prestige Print & Graphics - Barry Takayesu
10592 Wellington Road ? St.Thomas, ON  N5P 3T1
(519) 631-8800 ? Fax (519) 631-6316
mailto:Barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx