[muglo] Re: Downloading pdf file

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:48:45 -0400

on 8/7/02 08:06, Kathryn-Jane Hazel at k.j.hazel@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Today I thought I would just wait and not shut the computer down when
> everything semi-froze; this time I got the message that "Desired
> operation cannot be performed on this object."

Ok, multiple questions and one request.

Request: can you e-mail me the file (unless it's of a personal nature) here
at <mailto:hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

What version of (1) Acrobat Reader, (2) Mac OS, and (3) what printer are you
using?

This isn't a SystemWorks fixable problem. It seems like Acrobat Reader is
being flaky and/or the PDF file is corrupt.

Depending on the OS I would recommend that you either run Acrobat Reader
4.05a *or* 5.05. Under no circumstances should you be running 5.0(.0). 5.0
is soooooo unstable that I had to remove it to keep my machine running
properly (only problem was that 5.0 was Carbonized so I needed it for OS X).

My personal preference still lies with 4.0.5 (it's faster and more stable
than 5.0.5 but I need 5.0.5 for OS X compatibility).

Check out <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html> if you
don't have a .0.5 version.

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>